Sigma 14-24mm For E-Mount
Sigma just announced their new batches of lenses for E-mount and L-mount and one particular lens has been the talk of almost all photography groups and blog sites. Running a google trend and search trends shows the Sigma 14-24mm has the most searches in the web.
The Perfect For Everyone
Majority of the comments in the web are all saying this is the lens that they have been waiting for. A lens that can do both wide angle and zoom. With a 14mm it is perfect for landscape and with F2.8 perfect for low light such as night photography. The zoom to 24mm could work for portraits as well.
Release Date and Price
The Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 will be shipped next month / mid August and priced at around $1,400 according to rumors but no official price yet from Sigma. I’ll update this post once official price has been released.
- Newly developed high-performance lens series for full-frame mirrorless
- High-resolution image quality developed with exclusive low dispersion glass elements and NPC (Nano Porous Coating)
- Substantial functions enable user confidence, even in tough environments Incorporating a stepping motor enables the high speed, quiet AF drive.
- Rear filter holder as a standard accessory
- Full-time manual mode
- Available Mount Conversion Service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
Let’s note the 11-blade rounded diaphragm which means this lens will have beautiful bokeh, for those who are into bokeh.
I am very excited with this lens. I am infact considering wheter to get this lens or the Tamron 17-28mm which is always out of stock.
You can also read on the early reviews of Tamron 17 – 28mm here